Monday, November 3, 2008

Treading Water...

Entrepsychologist is a blog made for entertainment purposes only. This is not intended to dispense psychological advice. If you need help, please seek the services of a licensed professional.

Well they say you have to "have the courage to lose sight of the shore if you want to discover new oceans." This quote pretty much sums up how I have felt the past week. I feel a bit like I am swimming in a huge sea without a life preserver. I am just treading water, waiting for something to give, something for me to grab on to, to keep me afloat.

Recently my dad expressed his doubts about what I am doing with my life and said that I needed to get a "real job." This is likely something many entrepreneurs have encountered. It's interesting how much more impact a parent's criticism can make. Ever since we've had that talk, I have noticed my thoughts becoming more negative about my career outlook. I find myself longing for the security that a regular job provides.

Yet, there is a bigger part of me that calmly states, "just wait." That is what I am doing tonight. I have a very expensive ad in an upcoming magazine that has been mailed out today. I asked for feedback about my website from craigslist and boy did I get it. I received at least 75 emails telling me what was wrong with it and how ugly it looked. I hired someone within the hour to redesign the site.

At the same time the original web developers still have not got the payment gateway to work. Images are not uploading correctly, and to register is a completely other mess. I feel like I am holding my breath and just praying that this all comes together at the right time.

Why is it that web developers jump to get your project, yet once you hire them, you never hear from them? or you hear from them on their own time (which by the way appears to be between the hours of 11pm and 4 am).

I know that this is part of what I signed up for, but the stress is really wearing me down tonight. I hope that I can sleep and wake up to a beautiful, well-programmed site.

No comments: